- Online Educa Berlin 2012, Berlin, 28th to 30th November.
- Chair: CDE Annual Conference: Research and Innovation in Distance Education and eLearning, London, 19th October 2012.Paper presentation with Patricia McKeller on eReaders and ePublishing.
- EADTU Conference 27-28 September 2012, Cyprus: 'E-publishing and e-Readers: developing a model to balance business needs with scalable and flexible open learning'.
- Invited Keynote at Open University of Catalonia International Conference BCN Meeting 2012: Communication & Learning in the Digital Age - Social e-xperience. 3-4 July 2012
- E-books and E-content 2012. UCL London 10th May: 'Towards a sustainable ePublishing platform: mechanisms for supporting a global learning community'.
- Chair - discussion forum at 'Enchancing the Global Student Experience' conference 2012, Kuala Lumpar. 23-24 April. Organsied by iGraduate, HELP University and OBHE.
- BILETA 2012 Conference, Northumbria University Law School, 29-30 March 2012. Symposium on 'eReaders and ePublishing'.
- CDE workshop with J.Secker (LSE) and S.Hatzipanagos (KCL) on 'Finding and Evaluating Open Educational Resources'. 29 March 2012.
- EADTU 2011 Conference. 'Innovation versus control: a framework for promoting innovative programme design within a managed business infrastructure'. Anadolu, Turkey, 3-4 November 2011
- Centre for Distance Education - 'Research in Distance Education 2011' Conference, 26th October 2011. Workshop session on "Open Educational Resources".
- Warburton, S. and McKellar, P. (2011). Academic capacity building through the development of OERs for enhancing teaching practice. ICDE Conference 2011, Bali, Indonesia. Slides available at http://www.slideshare.net/stevenw/warburton-icde2011-ps1-031011
- MU/PLE seminar series 2011,Open University. '[Re] inventing digital identity.' 7 July 2011.
- Edmedia 2011, 'Co-creation of open content: distribution, conflict and management'. Lisbon Portugal, 27 June to 1 July 2011
- Zenith College, Accra, Ghana. Workshop - 'Sharing Academic Practice', 11th June 2011
- Centre for Distance Education - ''Research in Distance Education: from research to impact', Univeristy of London, 23rd October 2010
- Festival of Learning, King's College London, 16th September 2010
- Edmedia 2010: Symposium 'Design Perspectives for Learning with Social Media: Reconciling
Informal and Formal Learning through Web 2.0?'.
- Invited speaker: Department of Education, Oxford University. 24th February. 'Design patterns for Virtual Worlds' seminar
- Eduserv symposium: Where Next for Digital Identity, British Library, London. 7th January .
'Design Patterns for Digital Identity' http://www.eduserv.org.uk/events/wn4di.aspx
- Society for Research in Higher Education Conference '09, 8th-10th December.
Research paper: 'The real possibilities for virtual worlds in higher education'
- Online Educa Berlin '09, 2'nd - 4th December. 1 day pre-conference workshop: 'Immersive worlds for education'.'Digital Identity' symposium organiser and presenter.
- MUVEnation project conference. 26th November. Presentation: 'Design patterns for Virtual Worlds'
- Centre for Information Management, University of Bath. Seminar: 21st October.'Design patterns for Digital Identity'
- ECER 2009 conference, Vienna, Austria. 28th September. 'Digital Identity research Workshop'. Slideshare here.
- Orange Island Educational Days, 28 April 2009 (http://www.orange-island.com/?p=1835)
- JISC RSC conference, 31 March 2009 - "The reality of virtual worlds" (http://info.rsc-eastern.ac.uk/events/event_details.asp?eid=621)
- Seminar and workshop at "Learn Teach and Play in 3D Virtual Worlds" Event, 18th of March 2009 at City University, London, UK
- JISC-Emerge: Next Generation Technologies in Practice Conference, 10-11th March 2009, Loughborough UK.
- CAL '09 Brighton, March: Symposium chair for Design Patterns session
- Thought Fest ’09 European conference, 5-6 March 2009 (http://thoughtfest09.crowdvine.com/)
- Centre for Distance Education Annual Conference 'From present research to future agendas', 9th February, SOAS, London. Presentation: "Future Learning Design"
- Evolve/Educamp ORT '09, 16 February 2009 - "Careers and the internet" (http://educamps.elearning2null.de/2009/02/09/ort09-session-2-karrierefalle-internet/#english)
- EFMD Advisory Services Seminar on 'Emerging technologies for management education',
9th December, Brussels.
'Virtual Spaces, Second Lives: what are the potential educational benefits of MUVEs?'
- Educa Online Berlin 2008 - Symposium organiser and speaker on virtual worlds in education
- ReLive ’08 Conference, Open University, UK: Presentation entitled “Design for learning in virtual worlds: the tension between control and pedagogical approach”. 21 November 2008.
- LYCIT conference 7-12 July 2008, Kuala Lumpar. "Future Learning Design".